When it comes to direct mail, maximum results start, not just with a mailing list, but with a clean mailing list. So what does a “clean” list really mean? Here is a quick checklist that can help.
- CASS Certification. CASS Certification is the process we use to check the validity and deliverability of a physical mailing address. Bowman Street isn’t the same as Bowman Avenue, and getting it right can make the difference between the mail getting delivered or not.
- Address Element Correction (AEC). When CASS Certified address-matching software cannot match an address, it becomes a candidate for AEC. AEC corrects problems such as misspellings, nonstandard abbreviations, improperly ordered elements, and address lines that contain information other than the actual address. It also fixes missing elements.
- National Change of Address (NCOA). According to the USPS, 40 million people move every year, but their old addresses often remain in your database. In fact, estimates are that 8% of mail is undeliverable because of incorrect addresses. Taking the simple step of updating the addresses of new movers can save you thousands of dollars.
- Locatable Address Conversion System (LACS) Link. This method allows you to update addresses when a 911 emergency system has been implemented to convert rural-style addresses to city-style addresses or when a street address has been renamed or renumbered.
- ZIPMove. Sometimes addresses undergo a ZIP Code realignment, and when this occurs, ZIPMove will update your database to reflect the new ZIP Code.
You’ve taken the time and effort to collect the names and addresses of customers and key prospects. Now let us help you maximize your investment by keeping your list clean and updated so every mail piece hits its target.
Great Lakes Integrated
4005 Clark Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44109-1128
(216) 651-1500 Phone
(216) 651-8311 Fax
(800) 765-4846 Toll-Free
Great Lakes Integrated
Distribution, Fulfillment and Technology
33625 Pin Oak Parkway
Avon Lake, OH 44012
(440) 892-7760 Phone
(440) 808-7954 Fax
(800) 777-4495 Fax
(800) 286-7760 Toll-Free
Trade show Checklist Download
Would you like a list so you don't forget to bring anything to your next trade show?
Download our trade show checklist on this topic today!Download Now!