Is print still relevant in today’s world of ubiquitous electronic media? Yes! Here are a few reasons not to overlook when you are planning your next marketing campaign.
1. Print adds a dimension to the media experience not possible with digital media.
Print is warm and inviting. You can create dazzling special effects that make readers want to touch and feel your message thanks to a new generation of papers, inks, varnishes and coatings. It’s a tangible dimension that electronic media can’t impart.
2. Print is universally accessible.
Printed documents don’t have batteries that run down, they can easily be read even in direct sunlight, and they can be read even in locations where wireless is not available, such as subway stations and airplanes.
3. Certain demographics don’t go online.
Some demographic groups, particularly older consumers, simply prefer print collateral over digital options. In some cases, print may be the only way they research their options. Don’t overlook the disposable income of this demographic group!
4. Consumers are multi-channel.
When looking to make a purchase, today’s media-savvy consumers seek multiple sources of information. Rarely will they use online only or print only. They seek out multiple media and compare and contrast responses. Print is a critical part of that mix.
5. Print is more trusted for high-dollar purchases.
Consumers love electronic media for its immediacy, but research shows that they seek print when it’s time to buy. Web technologies provide quick answers, but the responses are often contradictory. Print shows that you found your message to be important enough to commit it to paper and you stand behind what you’re saying.
Overlooking the role of print can prove fatal to a marketing campaign. If your objective is to inform, teach, persuade or entertain, print marketing is a must.
Follow Us on Twitter
- And there you have it. ANNOUNCING PANTONE 18-3838 ULTRA VIOLET, PANTONE® COLOR OF THE YEAR 2018.. t.co/Bd39PYxb3e
- A great read on this date whichlives in infamy. t.co/8DpnAvFyAB
- A great weekend read. The Dead-Serious Strategy Behind Google’s Silly AI Experiments. t.co/lqhKgvALVS
Follow @glintegrated on twitter.