Date Posted: 2/26/2016
Position: IT Applications Programmer
Dept: Information Technology
The Applications Programmer is responsible for developing cost-effective solutions for business-related problems with minimal guidance by creating new, or enhancing and maintaining, existing software applications and components. Activities could include, but are not limited to, analyzing business functionality and needs, implementing system enhancements, coding corrections for defects, developing and executing unit test plans, and providing on-call production support. The Applications Programmer knows the fundamental concepts of the software development methodology and life cycle, and recommends solutions to technical projects of basic to moderate complexity and scope. This role applies troubleshooting skills to determine appropriate programming solutions for existing systems and seeks input on complex projects and/or new application development tasks.
Specific responsibilities for this position will include:
- Mastering our internal and third-party software solutions which give customers complete control of the design, production, distribution and inventory of their marketing materials.
- Providing support, testing, and technical analysis for our AKSESS software solutions.
- Coding and design of software solutions as assigned.
- Developing and supporting solutions for internal IT initiatives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or related discipline, which could include Computer Science, Information Systems (IS) or Management Information Systems (MIS). In lieu of a degree, at least four years of related work experience designing/developing, programming, and supporting software programs/applications in a client server environment.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Related work experience with developing .NET applications using C# and ASP.NET on Windows 2008 or Windows Server 2003.
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing and implementing integrations with third-party applications as well as supporting and enhancing internal applications.
- Demonstrated experience with developing, deploying, and maintaining host applications including proficiency with HTML, MVC and IIS.
- Proficiency with SQL Server 2008 or later is a plus.
- Experience with working on an Agile development team is a plus.
- Experience with document management systems, inventory management or commercial shipping applications a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others, which include customers and management.
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously.
- The ability to support department goals that align with current and future company objectives and initiatives.
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to find successful resolutions for basic to moderately complex issues; escalating those that require management involvement, when necessary.
- Must be able to work under general supervision in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience with either Pageflex and/or Veracore is recommended.
Please submit your resume as a Word document or PDF to email@example.com