Are your sales in a slump?
Or maybe your sales are just not where you want them to be. Without sales, you don’t have a business making money. So slumping sales aren’t just a downer, it can be downright scary for everyone in the company because the bottom line is that everyone feels the effects. Here are some ways you can get your sales groove back and get the numbers moving in the right direction:
1. Look at the products and services you offer. Are you missing anything? Is there something that you can offer that would complement your current offerings? A new product or service can really add some oomph to sales for a company.
Or perhaps it’s how it’s all packaged. Can you bundle certain products or services in a way that not only makes sense, but exudes “newness” as well? The “newness” is exciting and that excitement can shine through in your marketing materials and beyond. And that excitement is contagious to the point where your prospects and current customers want to hop on board and work with you.
2. Brainstorm on the true wants and needs of your audience. Wants and needs can change. And your marketing materials and sales strategies may not have changed along with those various wants and needs. So have employees from all departments answer the wants and needs question so you can get a diverse sampling of responses.
You may want to contact some of your customers and ask them. They may surprise you with their answers. By adjusting some of your materials (hopefully you won’t need to make a major overhaul) and how you approach your audience, you will see the sales numbers improve.
3. Along with determining the current wants and needs, you should re-evaluate the benefits your products and services offer. A benefit that would be a great talking point last year may be outdated and impractical now. So update your benefits and make sure that your sales department stresses the new, current benefits to your prospects and customers.
4. Celebrate the little victories. Your business should be recognizing its hard workers. A happy work environment includes one in which its employees are given the high-five for their ideas, breakthroughs and hitting milestones. And happy employees work harder to hit those goals and keep those customers coming back.
5. Create new sales goals. When was the last time your sales goals were updated? It’s not easy to get excited about goals if they haven’t been tweaked or brought up-to-date in a long time.
6. Take a walk down memory lane. While “new” is great, sometimes you should look back to see what you did in the past that worked. Revisit the time that you landed a huge, exciting customer. Or the time that a particular marketing strategy resulted in a huge influx of sales. What was it about those times that seemed to resonate with your audience and create those great results? You don’t want to go back in time and just hit the repeat button, but you do want to look at what actions could translate to today’s market and replicate that.
Great Lakes Integrated
4005 Clark Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44109-1128
(216) 651-1500 Phone
(216) 651-8311 Fax
(800) 765-4846 Toll-Free
Great Lakes Integrated
Distribution, Fulfillment and Technology
33625 Pin Oak Parkway
Avon Lake, OH 44012
(440) 892-7760 Phone
(440) 808-7954 Fax
(800) 777-4495 Fax
(800) 286-7760 Toll-Free
Trade show Checklist Download
Would you like a list so you don't forget to bring anything to your next trade show?
Download our trade show checklist on this topic today!Download Now!